Monday, August 3, 2009

transfiguration revelation

Transfiguration revelation is what we need for this day. I find it amazing that Peter could witness the Transfiguration and physically see The Glory of Jesus and 40 days later deny Him three times at the time of His Sacrificial Death for him and us. Not only that , but after Jesus appeared ALIVE (Jn 20:19-20) to the disciples in that locked room and they were "filled with joy", Peter then said "I'm going fishing!", and about eight of them in all went fishing. I would think that seeing with your eyes would change your decisions. The Word does not hold that to be true. "Seeing is believing" is what we have been taught by the world. This is not the Word.

I think that Peter's actions-and there were seven others with him-are just a natural human doing reaction to the events that had happened. Jesus was/is Messiah-He died- He came back-I am still in the same condition as I was before He showed up so I'll just go back to what I know until He comes in His Kingdom. That is the way we think today--right? While Jesus was physically at Peter's side--he was pretty fearless. Peter had walked on water, collected their taxes from a fish's mouth, fed 5000 men and fed 4000 and attacked a Roman officer at Christ's arrest, but when Jesus looked defeated he ran with the rest, and denied even knowing Him. Even after the raised Christ came to see them, Peter said "I'm going fishing!"

Here is the problem with Peter and us today. Without this Power we will not see The Glory of Christ as He IS. Peter had the Holy Spirit on him but not IN him. So much of the "church" denies the Power of The Holy Spirit. I have been filled with Holy Spirit, but get disappointed so easily that I forget and then I go fishing. I go back to the only thing I know-the only method of my own protection- and do not lean on the Power that Jesus told his disciples to wait on. Luke 24:49 "And now I will send the Holy Spirit, just as My Father promised. But stay here in the city until the Holy Spirit comes and fills you with power from heaven."

Acts 2:1-4

After Peter received the Power, he had no problem entering into his destiny. He did not think about going fishing again. Peter was now on his way to rest. No more is it Peter sustaining Peter, but The Father- by Holy Ghost--In Christ. What a place to live on this earth in this time! In His Rest and in His Power. Peter is no longer keeping Peter. I do not know the time or the hour of His coming because even Jesus Himself said that is for The Father to know, but I do know that even as Peter believed that Jesus could show up anytime---so are we to believe, and believe to see HIS GLORY.---be blessed---c

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comments