Wednesday, November 3, 2010

My Grace is sufficient

The question was posed today by a much loved mentor, "will we as believers suffer consequences for how we have voted?" II Corinthians 12:9 came immediately to mind. The NLT Bible says, "My gracious favor (Grace) is all you need. My power works best in your weakness." In the previous verses, Paul says that he had been given a thorn in his flesh by Satan to torment him and keep him from becoming proud concerning the wonderful revelations given him from God.
This speaks to me as saying that when our desire is to do what is right, God's Grace covers for us. He covers our mistakes as our heart is turned toward Him and His purpose. Even when we don't know what the heck we're doing. Even when we are doing what we don't want to do, He covers us.
Romans 7:21-24 "...when I want to what is right, I inevitably do what is wrong."---"24 Oh, what a miserable person I am! Who will free me from this life that is dominated by sin?" As I considered these two passages of scripture The Lord said, "find out when these were written." So I googled it and found out that Romans and II Corinthians were believed to be written in 57AD. I believe that Paul was talking about the same condition in both passages. The thorn in his flesh that he begged the Lord to take from him was a sin that he felt he could not stop doing.
Romans 7: 25 gives the answer and the explaination and reason for II Cor. 12:9, "Thank God! The answer is in our Lord Jesus Christ". Jesus has made The Way out even when we can't see it right now. He said "It is finished", and He meant that.
Today I am going to endeavor to really focus on the Finished Work that covers the sin of the world, and give praise to the God who freely gave me an out.---be blessed---c

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comments