Saturday, April 11, 2009

Daily Grace Easter Saturday

Easter Saturday is a day not mentioned. We can read about Good Friday and Easter Sunday but now that I'm writing this blog, it made me think about Easter Saturday. Staying in The Gospel of John, we can read about the death and burial, which took place on Good Friday before the Passover on the Sabbath--Saturday. As the disciples went about their celebration of the tradition of Passover what were they thinking? I went back and looked at the early chapters in John and found something that I had not noticed before.
After Jesus was baptised and called his disciples, he preformed the water to wine miracle at Cana. Then in the 13th verse of Chapter 2 we read, "It was time for the annual Passover...". This is the first Passover -recorded- that Jesus attended. In this account we see Jesus cast out the merchants selling doves from the Temple. The Jewish leaders confronted them with a demand. '"If you have this authority from God then show us a miraculous sign." Verse 19 is his reply. "All right." Jesus replied."Destroy this Temple and in three days I will raise it up."' Maybe one of his inner circle thought of this during 'That' Saturday, as they were mourning Jesus' death.
As I was reading this, I got to the next verse and I was confronted with two things at the same time. I had been trying to get my wife's contacts imported to her Windows mail from Aol, and had changed the view in her mailbox. While I was reading this passage in John, she kept saying "I can't fix it, I can't fix this!." At the SAME time I read the reply of the leaders to Jesus. They said, "It took 46 years to build this Temple and you can do it in three days?" I thought, "I'm turning 46." My wife exclaimed I guess "I'm going to have to start from scratch." I laughed the hardest I have laughed in a long time.
I knew that it was a simple fix for her mailbox. I knew that it is a simple fix to rebuild my 46 year old Temple. Jesus fixed the destroyed relationship between God and man. He started from scratch! The old was swallowed up in the NEW! The old system of law was completely rebuilt new In Christ! And I laughed and I laughed. God sits in Heaven and laughs at his enemies. ----Be Blessed---c

1 comment:

Thank You for your comments